Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Newer updates added Mad Imaginear on the loose!! Building my own Disneyland Theme park. #56

Hello Friends...
Many have asked me lately, why have we not seen any posts about Disneyland or even the Shanghai Disneyland?
Well, I have been busy working at a new job.

I have not had time to get to the parks in Anaheim, CA.

But since I cannot go at the moment, I've decided to build my own Disneyland.
I have always wanted to work for the theme parks, as a Imaginear. But since I haven't achieved that yet.
I will build my own park with a working railroad.
I will post pictures of the progress.
I have decided to build it in the scales of Z and N.
The layout is 44" X 36" so you can see I don't have much room to work with.
Please be sure to check out the video at the end of the blog.




Started with a drawing
Bought a board, but then found out it was too small, so I added more.


Wired the track to run two trains at the same time. 








built the loop with 2 power packs to run two engines at the same time.

I was not happy with the way Main Street Station came out.

Added hedges and grass.

Added brick walkways


put in some Ballast





Side view of Station.

Bachmann 4-4-0 N scale engine, Turned into the #1 Disneyland Engine




cut out overlay of the Flowered Mickey Mouse



Drew it in so I could glue in the color flowers.


Atlas 4-4-0 Engine  Excursion passenger car and what will be converted into the Lilly Belle car.
Some of the paper models of Main Street USA


A overhead picture, still adding black foam board.

You can make all pictures larger by clicking on them.




Yes those are Subs from the Battleship board game.
IHC N Scale Working Carrousel, Painted to look like the King Arthur one.




a Closer look.









Removed the paper Main St. put in N scale ceramic village buildings. 






Was not happy, so remade Main St. in a smaller size.
 
 



Found a website, that has G scale paper models, of Disneyland I scaled them down.




I will be adding the Sleeping Beauty Castle and Space Mountain.
Just added a mash up of two rides. Disneyland Sub Lagoon and Memo Sub's.
Please remember You can click on the pictures to see them bigger.
This is a scratch built Model layout in N scale of Disneyland.
I hope you have enjoyed the pictures, and I will add more later.
Thanks for looking, and please share this blog. 
So Time to add a behind but newer update. marching forward to the year 2016-2018. I have built the Sleeping Beauty Castle. And The Skyway ride (which was short lived. Thanks to my cat) it ran through the Matterhorn Mountain. From Fantasyland to Tomorrowland over the Sub Lagoon. I made some of the subs ,the original grey and some yellow just like Finding Nemo. I used the submarines from many garage sale Battle ship games.
Here are some of those pictures.









             As the white water drys, It becomes clear and the you can sea the bottom of the lagoon.



                                 Laying in the water on top of the bluish green seafloor of the lagoon.


                                              A front view as the sub enter and exit the waterfalls.                                                                                         
                                                 The underside of the polar ice caps


        



Once the wet water effect dries, you can see the colorful lagoon bottom and the water turns clear.


We are now in the year 2017, You can see pieces of the castle being built. a G scale paper model that I shrank down to a size close to N scale. As we all know Disneyland is all out of scale.
Oops Did you catch a glimpse of the new MARK IIV Monorail? and Space Mountain. Those are both  Metal Earth models, But I painted them.



                           Here is a Metal Earth model I built of the Haunted Mansion Hearse.







        As you can see by the size of my hand, The castle is very small (And might I add hard to build)













      After building all the towers and turrets I had to glue the top half of the castle all together.






                                       Finally after 3 weeks the castle emerges from the paper.
    
                                         Now to build the bridge and add real working lights.



























Wow 26 pictures that was a lot of work. I then sprayed the whole model with a clear coat  to preserve it.





Next came inserting the castle into the train board, good thing I had glued down the thin black foam.
I drew out the moat, carved it out, Glued the castle and the bridge in.




             The Moat got that Disneyland Green water bottom, before adding the water effects.

                                  Time to make it shine at night with 4 real working lanterns.


















                                           You can click on the pictures to make them bigger.

Speaking of bigger,, Time to build the Matterhorn Mountain with Bobsleds and Skyway tunnels.





I used McDonald's straws to build the bobsleds. Then I cut off the people at their waists, so they would be sitting down.



















The Matterhorn was slimmed down, due to the limited space i had on the board. It was made out of cardboard, Plaster cast and N scale train track. I decided to paint it to match the modern day finish.


       I glued it in, the same way I did with the castle, and cut out places for water at the bottom. 















                           In the picture above, you can see the Skyway lines before my cat ate it.





As you can see, I have put much details into my N scale Disneyland.
I am now working on the Jungle cruise in Adventureland, and will continue to build the Rivers of America and the Grand Canyon Diorama.
Thanks for looking. I will continue to post new blogs on the progress.
Please be sure to subscribe to our blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment