Monday, September 4, 2017

Were you one of the lucky people to of seen the Main Street Electrical Parade before it went away forever? Part 1 of 3 #159

   Part one of three, Ladies and Gentlemen.. Boys and Girls Disneyland proudly presents The night time Magic and fascination, in thousands of sparkling lights... The Main Street Electrical Parade. 







This past August, we were lucky enough to go to Disneyland thanks to a friend. We got to ride the Disneyland Railroad and see the new expansion to the Rivers of America and the Grand Canyon Diorama which was great!
I will write a separate blog about that later.

But my wife wanted me to see the Main Street Electrical Parade, It is a wonder that these floats still work, move and play music as they are 45 years old. Well most of them, there was only a few that were missing, and a new Tinkerbell float that was added.

I remember the first time I saw this parade, I was 7 years old. I am now 52. A lot has changed in those past 45 years. I remember at the end of the parade there was no American Flag with a eagle. It was all the characters with lights on their costumes, with music that matched their theme. The parade was much longer then and had a much longer Baroque Hoedown soundtrack. 
Between my pictures and my wife's pictures you can see what floats are still in the parade. Remember to make the pictures bigger, just click on them.
Hope you enjoy the parade floats one more time. I also have video of the parade on YouTube. just look up etickettotomorrowland.  


Since the pictures are so large , I may have to make this blog a three part blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment